BLUES PRIVATE CHEF OVERVIEW
Blues has been the leading British private chef agency for over 40 years, working with families in the UK and overseas.
Exceptional and Tailored Service
We understand that expectations are high when it comes to hiring private chefs given that they work so closely with families in an intimate setting.
The Blues consultants take great pride in getting to know our clients on personal level and, as a result, are able to give unparalleled advice and ongoing support both during and after the placement has been made.
In short, we are here to take the stress away not only on the recruitment side of things but also to provide you with a chef who will be a pleasure to have around in your home and make dining an enjoyable and hassle – free experience.
PRIVATE CHEF TYPES
Blues private chefs vary in their skill-sets, and the Blues team seek to find those chefs that best-fit your family’s requirements. The chefs that Blues can offer range from:
Michelin star chefs.
Head chefs with a minimum of 5 years’ experience having worked in private households.
Holiday chefs for families during the winter and summer seasons.
Full and part time family cooks.
PRIVATE CHEF DUTIES
Blues private chefs will also make special effort to develop an in-depth understanding of your specific needs in the kitchen.This can range from:
Creating bespoke menus.
Ensuring high kitchen safety and hygiene standards.
Maintaining all relevant kitchen accounts.
In-depth understanding of food allergies and intolerances.
Event menu planning, lessons, demonstrations and traveling when required.
PRIVATE CHEF HOURS
Blues private chef hours will be dependent on the role:
- Days per week: most Blues private chefs will work between four to six days per week.
- Hours per day: a private chef will typically work 8-12 hours per day and can also work on a rota basis with other chefs.
PRIVATE CHEF SALARIES
Blues private chef salaries are dependent on experience.
- A live-in private chef salary usually ranges from £30,000 to £80,000 per year gross depending on days/hours worked and duties involved.
- A live-out private chef salary usually ranges from £40,000 to £110,000 per year gross depending on days/hours worked and duties involved.
- Summer seasonal or winter seasonal chefs can be employed on a temporary basis at fixed rates.